Protein bars are great for mid-morning snack’s or breakfast on the go! Plus by getting an early dose of protein you’re going to help your muscles repair from your last work-out. I’ve been testing and adapting recipes that I’ve found online, and finally I’ve developed something I’m happy with and ready to share with you.
If your new to using protein you might want to check out our article: Why use a Protein drink?
- 30g butter
- 80g honey
- 20g sugar
- 50g peanut butter
- 75g protein shake powder (strawberry/chocolate)
- 100g muesli
- 50g rolled oats or porridge oats
- 50g hazelnuts
- 1 egg
- 1 banana
- a handful of raisins
Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 15 mins
- Preheat the oven to 200 C / Gas mark 6.
- Melt the butter, honey, sugar and peanut butter into a smooth paste. In a large bowl, mix together all the dry ingredients: the protein shake powder, muesli, oats and nuts, then add the peanut butter mixture to the large bowl and stir in.
- Mash the banana with the back of a fork and beat the egg separately, then add the banana and the egg to the large bowl and mix in.
- Use a large spoon to move the mix into a baking dish, using the back of the spoon to press out the mixture and try and get it evenly spread. Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes, until golden brown on top.
- Cut into breakfast sized portions while hot then leave to cool.
This is my adaptation of the recipe found at allrecipes.co.uk